Careers at The Conduit
The Financial Controller will be responsible for driving the finance function with the Finance Director and CFO, leading on management accounts, P&L reviews and all other finance related processes and procedures. They will need to develop a close working relationship and act as a business partner with the CEO and with all teams within the Conduit.
This is an exciting and varied role that can see you leading weekly finance meetings, challenging, mentoring and assisting other operational and functional teams, overseeing the work of the management accountant as well as doing the odd bank reconciliations and rolling up your sleeves when needed, ensuring that we remain a transparent and compliant business….sometimes all in the same day.
Responsibilities & Key Duties
- Responsible for producing the daily sales report
- Daily updating of the cash at bank balances
- Raising function/deposit invoices and posting of function payments/deposits
- Reviewing function checks for accuracy
- Assisting in the reporting and reconciliation of the weekly COGs, labour costs and membership income
- Production of the weekly flash P&L
- Overseeing the weekly updating of the cashflow forecasts
- Managing the month end process and production of finalised management accounts, ensuring that P&L reviews are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring that balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and supporting schedules are kept updated
- Assisting in the audit and financial year end process
- Participating in the annual budget process ensuring that the budget holders are given support in achieving departmental and business objectives
- Periodically review, document and communicate company policies and SOPs
- Carrying out periodic checks of the financial control environment to identify weaknesses and reduce the risk of fraud or malfeasance
- Mentor and oversee the work of the Management Accountant and providing assistance and cover when necessary
- Overseeing the work of the Purchasing Manager and purchasing team
- Providing financial input and coaching to the operations and other teams ensuring that their work is compliant and achieves the desired business objectives
- Liaising with senior leadership team to help drive business efficiencies and implement finance policies
- Working closely with the FD/CFO to implement and improve systems and procedures
- Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks as and when necessary and required.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar position
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong ability to work within a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Natural leadership abilities
- Qualified accountant with ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Previous experience working in a member’s club, F&B/hotel/functions environment
- Sound knowledge of Excel – intermediate to advance
- Alignment to the company’s brand and social ethos.
Regardless of whether your experience is relevant to every one of the above points, if the Conduit and our ethos resonate with you, we encourage you to send in an application.
Commensurate with experience
Please send all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org