If you feel overwhelmed by keeping up with the news cycle, you’re not alone. Although it’s important to stay up to date, access to new information 24-7 can cause anxiety and stress – and that’s before you take into account the risk of fake news and potentially dangerous misinformation.
We asked Peter Drobac, global health physician and social entrepreneur, and the Director of the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, to curate a list of the best Twitter accounts to follow to stay informed at your own pace.
Read on for a comprehensive list of the epidemiologists, virologists, public health experts, science journalists and new outlets to rely on for accurate data, educated opinion and the latest coronavirus updates.
- Peter Drobac, Director, Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
- Devi Sridhar, Professor and Chair of Global Public Health, University of Edinburgh
- Marc Lipsitch, Epidemiologist, Harvard University
- Dr. Tom Frieden, infectious disease and public health specialist
- Abraar Karan M.D., MPH, DTM&H, Doctor, Harvard Medical School
- Gregg Gonsalves, Epidemiologist, Assistant Professor at Yale School of Public Health
- Scott Gottlieb M.D., Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Dr. Angela Rasmussen, Virologist, Columbia University
- Nicholas Christakis, Sterling Professor of Social & Natural Science, Yale University
- Dr. Tara C. Smith, infectious disease epidemiologist, College of Public Health, Kent State University
- Bill Hanage, Associate Professor, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Adam Kucharski, Mathematician & Epidemiologist, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Carl T. Bergstrom, Professor of Biology, University of Washington
- Peter Hotez M.D., Professor Dean, Baylor College of Medicine’s National School of Tropical Medicine
- Rebecca Katz, Professor and Director, Global Health Science and Security, Georgetown Centre for Global Health Science and Security
- Michael Mina, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology & Immunology, Harvard School of Public Health
- Carlos del Rio, Executive Assistant Dean, Emory School of Medicine
- Tom Inglesby, Director, Johns Hopkins SPH Centre for Health Security
Policy Leaders & Organisations:
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organisation
- World Health Organisation
- Jeremy Konydynk, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Flu Trackers, non-profit documenting disease and human rights
- Jen Kates, Senior VP/Director, Global Health & HIV Policy, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Larry Levitt, Executive Vice President for Health Policy, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Beth Cameron, Vice President, Global Biological Policy and Programs, NTI
Journalists & Media Outlets:
- Laurie Garrett, science journalist and author
- Helen Branswell, Senior Writer on Infectious Diseases, STAT
- James Hamblin, Preventative Medicine M.D. and Staff Writer, The Atlantic
- STAT, health and medicine journal
- BNO News, international news agency
- Julia Belluz, Health Correspondent, Vox
- Vox, news and opinion website
- Kai Kupferschmidt, science journalist, Science Magazine
Stay informed via The Conduit
We’re producing daily COVID-19 briefings with Peter Drobac and other experts from across the globe. Check out yesterday’s briefing below!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn to tune in and see what else we’ve got coming up. You can also catch up on all previous briefings (and some other bonus content) via our YouTube channel.